Monday, April 25, 2016

A New Experiment

Josh and I have decided to try out training ourselves to lucid dream! Lucid Dreaming is essentially having a 4th wall awareness to the fact that you're in a dream, and eventually you can train yourself to control you dreams, like the movie Inception.

I wanted to try and start my dream journal last night, but I forgot to do it when I woke up in a panic, trying to make it downstairs before Josh left for work, and by the time I'd realized his car was already driving away, I forgot my dream! But I plan on starting tomorrow morning when I wake up, first thing!
There is one drawback, however. One of the side effects of lucid dreaming is you may have an experience or two where you are actually awake and paralyzed for a good number of minutes, and some people have mentioned that they felt a sort of presence in the room, watching them while they can't move.
Creepy.


But I won't let that stop me unless it actually happens. If it happens to me, I'll stop trying to lucid dream immediately.


I'll be sure to document my first really successful lucid dreaming experience here for all of my non-existent followers to enjoy!


If anyone else does this too, comment below!

Love, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment