Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy 50th Post!

I have officially written on this blog for 47 days STRAIGHT. I'm going to give myself a round of applause, especially since I don't have this kind of glorious consistency with my actual novelling hobby.


So even though it's been only 47 days and not 50, I don't care. I'm celebrating anyway.

Also, I found a really neat music video for one of my favorite songs, a cover of the song Somewhere Only We Know, originally by Keane. I'm fascinated by the behind the scenes in movies; I get very annoyed if the bonus features on my DVD's and BluRays only come with the stupid trailers as the bonus material. UGH.


And NOW; THE BULK OF THE POST!

I've started a novel that's full blown romance, the entire story is entirely ordinary in the sense of there aren't any fire breathing dragons or princesses that need rescuing, but a broken man and a broken woman come together and help heal each other.
The catch?
They're emotionally stunted individuals, for the most part. Neither of them are good at processing their own emotions, and seeing is how I'm an outwardly emotional person, I've been struggling with how to write their romance. Until I found this bad boy, here's the link.


I've used this blog in the past since this girl has amazing topics like how to tell if your character has PTSD or how to write an emotionally dependent character or how to create rock-solid character traits. I was SO excited to find this post since it breaks down Sternberg's Triangular Theory, thus making my character's relationship make more sense in my emotional mind.

I also found this one on her website which goes into it even more, here's the link.


I've determined that they have empty love at first which grows into compassionate love, and eventually sprinkles of physical intimacy make their way into it. I'm so excited, if it's wrong to fangirl over characters I've discovered in my head, I don't want to be right.


Thanks for reading! Happy 50th post!

Love, Mackenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment