Tuesday, March 1, 2016

No. Just No.

I saw an ad claiming this dog was an Alaskan Husky Golden Retriever Cross. WELL.


I'll start my rant with saying that I'm not a dog expert, but I am a dog fanatic. 

There is no such thing as an Alaskan Husky. There is a Siberian Husky and an Alaskan Malamute, both breeds are recognized by the AKC. While these two dogs can be bred without issue, if someone is advertising an Alaskan Husky and claims it as purebred, it's a LIE. 

 Next, the blue merle gene isn't carried in any of these breeds. You would have to mix it with a dog breed which carried it. 

I'm under the impression that the dog pictured above is an Australian Shepherd puppy, like the one pictured below.


A Siberian Husky Golden Retriever cross puppy looks like this, give or take on coat color, but the husky coat pattern shines through. Again, neither Huskies nor Golden Retrievers carry the Blue Merle gene.


Comparing the two as adults:

Australian Shepherd
Siberian Husky Golden Retriever Cross
So there's my two cents on the matter.


Love, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment