Sunday, July 10, 2016

BLACK

Something odd happened just now. I pulled out my laptop, opened it up and thought about what to write about. I drew a blank.

How odd, I thought. This hasn't happened in the history of this blog.

Normally I can just think of something in my life that's interesting and write about it but there's nothing. Maybe its because I'm coming off the high of Josh nearly drowning last week. But I can't be sure.
So I decided to turn to my good buddy Pinterest for an idea. I have a blogging board there and I looked at the first post I have. I went down to the tenth day (it was one of those idea posts for one post each day of the month) and it said what did you wear today?

WELL.

I've had an issue with struggling to have clothes that fit. This has gone on for far too long and I'm finally remedying the situation. I have a package in the mail with three shirts, two pairs of pants and a hoodie. Take a moment and guess which part of that I'm most excited for.
Anyway, the package shouldn't arrive until later this week and so I was forced to wear an outfit that I like but it's not my favorite. It's a shirt that has white and pink stripes and a grey maxi skirt with a pendant necklace and CZ stud earrings.
It's not a bad outfit, but I have a specific look I L.O.V.E.

Black.
All black.
Everything, all black.
Black pants.
Black shoes.
Black shirt.

EVERYTHING.

I've tried basically every style over the years and the style that makes me feel most comfortable and confident is all black everything. So at this point, I'm trying to expand my wardrobe so every shirt in my wardrobe contains at least a little black. Eventually I might get through my pants and make all of them black too... But we'll see.
I also have a dream of owning solid black high-top chucks. Like the rubber and laces and everything.


I realize that an all black wardrobe is a bit restrictive, so one of my shirts in the incoming order is solid black, another is black and white stripes, and the third is black, white and red, sort of an Aztec type pattern on it. All size large so they should fit me well.

So there you go. I wear color, but I prefer black.


Love, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment