Friday, June 24, 2016

Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke-Book Review

So I'm going to keep this brief. This is only the second murder mystery novel I've ever read, so if this sucks, TOO BAD. This is my blog.

As a whole I enjoyed this book; I finished it in two days which is CRAZY for me. Normally it takes at least a week or more, so I was pleasantly surprised.
The story kept me interested, even during the slow parts and I was impressed on the misdirection that Joanne was able to produce, even if it felt a little forced.
As for the actual writing, It was easy to read, I didn't feel like I had to pull out a dictionary to enjoy it.
I think the only thing I would say I would change was the flow of the dialogue. It felt like each of the characters sounded practically the same, but I don't know if it is actually a problem or if it's just me being overly critical of dialogue as a whole.


And there you have it. My second book review on this blog!

Love, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment