Thursday, June 9, 2016

Languages

Josh and I are planning on Homeschooling, and I know what you're thinking already.
What about socialization?
Will they have friends??
How will they turn out when they become adults???
WELL.
To answer these questions, I'd like to make one statement.

You don't need to worry about my kids turning out okay. I was in the public education system where I was bullied mercilessly, I struggled to keep up in my classes and I had a generally bad time. No to mention the peer pressure which surrounded me on a daily basis. I don't want to submit my children to that, so I'M going to school them. It's not your concern if they turn out like unsocialized weirdos. That will be on me if that happens.


Anyway, back to the meat of my actual post.

Josh and I have discussed what we want our boys learning in terms of languages and we've agreed that Latin and Spanish are a good starting place, but I've always wanted to learn how to sign to the deaf and hard of hearing. So I think I'll add ASL to our curriculum, it could be a fun family project and I think it would help my sons be more aware of the ASL community.

And that's all I have to say today.

Love, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment