Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Distractions

I've been working on draft 3 of All I Wanted for a little over a week and things are going well with it. OR so I thought.
I've hit this place in my novel that I always get stuck with it. It's the scene where Petra goes back to Homestead for the first time since the novel began and I always have issues with getting myself to write it. Always. Literally always. I've finally reached the dreaded scene and I have very little motivation to get on with it.
Especially since I have two other first drafts who are jumping up and down to try and get my attention, screaming, "PICK ME. DO IT. JUST PICK ME UP NOW AND POLISH ME."


And it's getting me a little distracted from my current project. That audiobook Big Magic has taught me to work on just one project until it's reached completion. Which is super frustrating because my two other little darlings, Acts of Day and If I Stay, are clamoring for my attention like two toddlers. 


So I hope I can make it through All I Wanted without pulling all my hair out and hopefully my other documents can be patient with my brain.

This is one of those times I wish I didn't need sleep so I could just write like crazy. I'd be far more productive if that was the case. 

Love, Mackenzie




No comments:

Post a Comment