Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spiritual Thought Sunday


I couldn't find the homesite of this graphic, but I wasn't the one who made it.

I read this picture the other day and it struck me to the core. I know that I care way too much what others think of me and I'm constantly stressing about how others view me. I know that's not a good mindset, and I'm working on breaking it, but I'm struggling to do so.
When I read this, it was a good reminder that I don't need to keep up with the Jones'. My house can remain not as updated as I might like and that's okay. There are other things we're needing to purchase right now. I don't need to have the most fashionable clothes, just the ones that make me feel most comfortable. I don't need to worry about what other's think of mine and Josh's choice to homeschool our kids. They're not doing the work, I am, so why should I care?

My goal this week will be to try and silence the feelings I have regarding putting too much stock into other's opinions and not taking enough in my own.
I'm going to try and remember that I have the most important person on my side, Heavenly Father.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Love, Mackenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment